- This event has passed.
FCF Futsal Jeunes – Avril 9th – 12th
April 9 - April 12
Duration: 40 hours plus pre/post course tasks
Aim/s: To enhance participants’ knowledge of the goalkeeper’s role in relation to the game. To improve candidates understanding of Player development and be able to plan, prepare conduct and evaluate coaching sessions, with a specific focus on the goalkeeper in the youth development phase (13 – 16 years old).
Prerequisites: Participants must have completed MA Youth Goalkeeping Certificate while demonstrating ability to coach goalkeepers at youth level. Candidates will receive a pre-course task three weeks prior to the course.
The course focuses on the following coach competences:
- Coaching process
- Game understanding
- Player development
- Goalkeeper training
through a learning programme that consists of:
- Situated learning activities (active participation)
- Experiential learning (real world situations)
- Reflective practice (continuous learning through self-reflection)
- Transformative learning (change in the learner’s perspective)
Attendance: A participant is required in principle to attend 100% of the coaching course.
Course instructor/s: Must be OFC accredited instructor/s and comply with instructor guidelines as per the OFC Convention.
Deliberate practice and mentoring:
- Personal development plan
- Deliberate practice with youth goalkeepers
- MAs mentoring – 2 meetings over 6 months
- There is a summative assessment at the conclusion of the deliberate practice and mentoring stage (2nd meeting)
- The instructor will evaluate the participant understanding and application of all the key elements included within the course
- The assessment must follow OFC Coaching Convention Guidelines
- Participants will receive acceptance to OFC Goalkeeping B Licence if they achieve an ‘Advanced Pass’, and complete a bridging module.
Licence validity: OFC licences are valid for a period of 4 years
Languages: As per OFC Statute 1, Article 4 the official languages of OFC are English and French, however OFC encourages members to conduct courses in their native language/s.