- This event has passed.
OFC Licence B Senior / Brevet Moniteur Football partie 2 – Dec 3rd – 10th
3 December 2018 - 10 December 2018
Duration: 130 hours minimum plus pre/post course tasks.
Aim/s: To develop the knowledge of participants in relation to the advanced skills required within the modern game context. To build upon the OFC C Licence qualifications which have developed the ability to Plan, prepare, conduct and evaluate appropriate coaching sessions underpinned by an understanding of basic and general principles of the game.
Prerequisite/s: Applicants are required to hold a valid OFC C Senior Licence (Advanced Pass), and be actively coaching senior performance and/or high performance players. Candidates will receive a pre-course task three weeks prior to the course.
Overview: The course focuses on the following coach competences:
- Coaching process
- Game understanding
- Player development
- Football philosophy
through a learning programme that consists of:
- Situated learning activities (active participation)
- Experiential learning (real world situations)
- Reflective practice (continuous learning through self-reflection)
- Transformative learning (change in the learner’s perspective)
Attendance: A participant is required in principle to attend 100% of the coaching course.
Course instructor/s: Must be OFC accredited instructor/s and comply with instructor guidelines as per the OFC Convention.
Deliberate practice and mentoring:
- Personal development plan
- Post course assignments
- Deliberate practice with senior players
- OFC mentoring – 3 meetings over 12 months
- There is a summative assessment at the conclusion of the deliberate practice and mentoring stage (3rd meeting)
- The instructor will evaluate the participant understanding and application of all the key elements included within the course.
- The assessment must follow OFC Coaching Convention Guidelines.
- Participants will receive acceptance to OFC A Licence if they achieve an ‘Advanced Pass’
Licence validity: 4 years
Languages: As per OFC Statute 1, Article 4 the official languages of OFC are English and French, however OFC encourages members to conduct courses in their native language