- This event has passed.
OFC Licence C Jeunes / Certificat Football Federal 2 (U13-U15) (CFF2) – Juin 18th – 22nd
18 June 2018 - 22 June 2018
Duration: 40 hours plus pre/post course tasks.
Aim/s: To enhance participants knowledge of the game and improve their understanding of player development with a specific focus on the Youth development phase (13 – 16 years old).
Prerequisite/s: Participants must be 18 years of age or over, involved in grassroots and/or youth football, and have completed MA Grassroots and Youth Certificates while demonstrating ability to coach players at youth level.
The course focuses on the following coach competences:
- Coaching process
- Game understanding
- Player development
through a learning programme that consists of:
- Situated learning activities (active participation)
- Experiential learning (real world situations)
- Reflective practice (continuous learning through self-reflection)
- Transformative learning (change in the learner’s perspective)
Attendance: A participant is required in principle to attend 100% of the course.
Course instructor/s: Must be OFC accredited instructor/s and comply with instructor guidelines as per the OFC Convention.
Deliberate practice and mentoring:
- Personal development plan
- Deliberate practice with youth players
- MA mentoring – 2 meetings over 6 months
- There is a summative assessment at the conclusion of the deliberate practice and mentoring stage (2nd meeting)
- The instructor will evaluate the participant understanding and application of all the key elements included within the course
- The assessment must follow OFC Coaching Convention Guidelines
- Participants will receive acceptance to OFC Youth B Licence if they achieve an ‘Advanced Pass’)
Licence validity: 4 years
Languages: As per OFC Statute 1, Article 4 the official languages of OFC are English and French, however OFC encourages members to conduct courses in their native language/s.