WHO ARE WE?
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at the Home of Football in St Johns Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 13 Member Associations – 11 full members and 2 associate members which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
WHAT DO WE DO?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM
At OFC we are implementing a new strategy as we work collectively towards achieving our vision for football in the Pacific: qualifying two competitive teams to the FIFA World Cups in 2026 and 2027.
We are a highly dedicated, passionate and innovative group of people who are working tirelessly to drive the growth of Oceania football, people, culture and communities.
WHO ARE WE AFTER?
With an affinity for the Pacific and its diverse cultures coupled with a strong background in financial management and a passion for people development, you will be key to enhancing the financial capacity of our Member Associations in order to achieve our vision.
Drawing on your project management, leadership and accounting skills, the role of Member Association (MA) Finance Business Partner will be responsible for managing and monitoring OFC services and capacity building activities regarding the financial governance and operations provided to OFC Member Associations (MAs).
Primarily you will be responsible for:
- Managing the financial compliance of the MA’s regarding the application and reporting for the OFC development programme
- Supporting the development and implementation of financial governance and management programme for MAs in collaboration with the Heads of Departments
- Developing budget and financial reports for the MA Services Unit
- Business Analysis on overall funding provided to the MAs
- Assisting in the implementation of the MA capacity building framework and activities in financial governance and operations
Skills and experience:
You will ideally have 3 years’ experience in the accounting sector and be CA/CPA qualified with a relevant tertiary qualification plus;
- Proven experience implementing capacity building programmes
- Project Management skills
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience
- Sound knowledge of grants management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with experience in preparing reports.
- Sound financial literacy and understanding of international accounting standards
The MA Finance Business Partner shall be responsible for:
- Managing the financial compliance of the OFC MA’s regarding the application and reporting for the OFC Development programme and corporate governance via the online management platform
- Supporting the development and implementation of financial governance and management programme for the MAs in collaboration with HoD Education, HoD Finance and Services and Chief Operations Officer
- Developing budget and financial reports for the MA Services unit
- Business analysis of overall funding provided to MAs
Planning and Operations
- Develop, maintain and monitor the OFC Online platform enabling an efficient financial framework is in place for MAs guaranteeing an efficient application and reporting framework for OFC development programmes
- Overall business reporting for overall MA business compliance, reporting in line with various programmes requirements (eg Education Centre, Development programme, Just Play) in collaboration with various Project Managers and HoDs
- Ensure the MA services procedures and process (including but not limited to the OFC Development programme regulations) are implemented by internal stakeholders and OFC MAs and assist them accordingly
- Ensure all funds from donors to the MA Services are allocated and managed as intended and that all reporting requirements are complied with
- Prepare financial reports, presentations and any other financial information or analysis to be presented to OFC senior management team or board or as requested by the COO or Chief of Football
- Analyse MAs annual financial statements and audit reports
- Support the COO and MA Services Manager develop the MA Services unit annual budget for validation by the COO and monitor its implementation making sure the operation stays within the approved budget.
- Support (if and when required) the Finance department regarding the preparation of any information request for any audit (internal, statutory or donors) regarding the MA Services and Football Divisions activities.
- Support (if and when required) management and the Finance department in improving financial processes, systems, policies and procedures regarding the delivery of OFC programmes,
- Comply with OFC regulatory framework and policies
MA Capacity Building – Corporate Governance
- Assist management in the implementation of MA capacity building framework and activities in financial governance and operations
- Support OFC MAs in meeting their financial compliance requirements (eg application, reporting etc) for the various development programmes.
Operations – MA funding managed by MA Services
- Produce financial reports related to OFC MA budgets, expenses etc
- Review manage and monitor activity budgets prepared by MAs using the online management platform
- Collect financial reports, bank statements, invoices and other supportive documents
- Ensure MA compliance with project, financial and operational framework and OFC policies
- Prepare and reconcile payment requests with relevant supporting documents
- Assist MAs in fulfilling their financial requirements
- Ongoing training of MAs on use of online platform and financial requirements of the various OFC development programmes
- Represent OFC in a credible, professional and appropriate manner
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and proactively manage constructive relationships
- Provide the best services to other OFC depts enabling them to adhere to and implement accurate financial policies procedures and reporting
The Next Steps:
Please email a cover letter attached to your resume to [email protected]. Your cover letter should highlight your specific
qualifications and recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
- What is your expected base salary?