Who are we?
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Home of Football in St Johns in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 13 Member Associations – 11 full member associations and 2 associate member associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
Who are we after?
As Procurement and Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Procurement and Logistics unit, ensuring the effective delivery of all procurement and logistics operations resulting in the optimisation of OFC performance.
What will you be doing?
Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Develop a positive and high performing culture within the procurement and logistics unit (Small team of 3)
- Develop, implement, and monitor/evaluate the OFC Procurement and Logistics strategy and corresponding annual operational plans to improve OFC operational performance.
- Manage OFC logistics process and operations with the view to improve OFC operational performance and efficiency
- Successfully implement procurement and logistics policies and procedures that meet best practice standards in line with the legislative, auditing requirements and the organisational needs
- Train and support OFC Staff and member associations regarding any procurement and logistics operations
- Ensure an optimum suppliers management process is in place
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant must have;
- Solid experience in procurement and knowledge of relevant related operational frameworks
- 5+ years in procurement management or similar field
- 3+ years’ experience in team management
- Qualification in Procurement or purchasing and supply management or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint) at an intermediate level.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project management experience including designing, implementing and managing projects to a successful conclusion.
The Next Steps:
Please apply with a cover letter attached to your resume and send to [email protected]. Your cover letter should highlight your specific recent experiences that are relevant to the role.
The application closes on 26.11.2021.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED