The Oceania Football Confederation is on the lookout for a new Assistant Accountant to join our team in Auckland, New Zealand.
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Location: Penrose, Auckland
Type: Fixed-Term Full Time
Job Summary: A unique opportunity in the sports and recreation sector to apply your accounts and administration experience.
Who are we?
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development.
Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
This role is a Fixed-Term position to cover 12 Months Parental Leave.
Who are we after?
As the Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient implementation of our financial operations within the Football Development department in line with regulatory frameworks, policies, procedures and funding partners’ requirements in an appropriate, efficient, effective and transparent manner.
What will you be doing?
Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Financial planning and reporting
- General financial operations
- Fixed assets and inventories for this division
- Assisting with statutory and internal audits
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant must have an accounting or finance qualification at a Bachelor level and ideally be CA qualified or working towards this, plus:
- At least five years’ accounting experience
- Experience in a not for profit organisation is an advantage
- Sound knowledge of grant management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain financial technicalities to a diverse audience
- Be project minded with strong organisational skills, excellent time management and attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain successful relationships and work with diverse cultures
The Next Steps:
Please apply to [email protected] with a cover letter attached to your resume. Your cover letter should highlight your specific recent experiences that are relevant to the role.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED