The Oceania Football Confederation is on the lookout for a new Club & Leagues Officer to join our team in Auckland, New Zealand.
Job Title: Club & Leagues Officer
Location: Penrose, Auckland
Type: Full Time
Job Summary: A unique opportunity in the sports and recreation sector to influence the development of club and league football in the Oceania Region.
Who are we?
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 full Member Associations and 3 Associate Members.
The Oceania Football Confederation is one of the six Confederations recognised by FIFA and is an active participant within the international football community (alongside AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe).
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of governing, promoting and developing football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social and community development.
Having earned direct entry to the U-17 and U-20 Men’s FIFA World Cups from 2017, and direct entry to the 2026 FIFA World Cup™, development remains the highest priority across the region.
In addition to providing development and capacity building programmes to support the development of football across all levels and its communities, OFC is organising regional qualifiers for all FIFA World Cups as well as development tournaments in collaboration with other confederations.
Who are we after?
As Club and Leagues Officer, you will develop, implement and manage frameworks, policies, procedures and regulations relating to club and leagues development in the Oceania region. You will also have overall responsibility for OFC’s club licensing system and professional project pilot.
What will you be doing?
Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Developing, distributing and maintaining resources supporting the governance structure for clubs & leagues in the Oceania region
• Contributing to the development and implementation of a club licensing framework for OFC and member associations
• Ensuring minimum standards of club football development and governance are satisfied
• Defining a strategy to improve clubs and leagues in OFC Member Associations
• Creating and managing the Team Management System
• Developing and implementing player and coach status regulations and a legal framework for amateur and professional players
• Providing advice and guidance to OFC Member Associations
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant must:
• Have knowledge of governance structures and club licensing systems and operational structures of FIFA, OFC, Confederations and Member Associations
• Understand the management of professional clubs (A-League or pro clubs) and leagues
• Demonstrate experience in designing, writing and implementing education and training programmes
• Have a strong knowledge of the Pacific region
• Fluency in written and spoken English and French
• Understand not-for-profit organisations
• Be willing to work irregular hours including weekends
The Next Steps:
Please apply to [email protected] with a cover letter attached to your resume. Your cover letter should highlight your specific recent experiences that are relevant to the role and answer the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
- What’s your expected base salary?
- How many years of game development experience do you have?
- Which Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED