The Oceania Football Confederation is on the lookout for a new Competitions Manager to join our team in Auckland, New Zealand.
Job Title: Competitions Manager
Location: Penrose, Auckland
Type: Full Time
Job Summary: This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about football and wants to influence the presence of the sport in the Oceania region.
Who are we?
Our client, Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 full Member Associations and 3 Associate Members.
The Oceania Football Confederation is one of the six Confederations recognised by FIFA and is an active participant within the international football community (alongside AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe).
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of governing, promoting and developing football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social and community development.
Having earned direct entry to the U-17 and U-20 Men’s FIFA World Cups from 2017, and direct entry to the 2026 FIFA World Cup™, development remains the highest priority across the region.
In addition to providing development and capacity building programmes to support the development of football across all levels and its communities, OFC is organising regional qualifiers for all FIFA World Cups as well as development tournaments in collaboration with other confederations.
Who are we after?
We are currently seeking a Competitions Manager to assist our Competitions Director in contributing to the development of football and sporting communities across the Oceania region.
As Competitions Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organising and delivering international football competitions and contributing to the development of training programmes and content.
What will you be doing?
Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Project managing assigned competitions from planning through to completion
• Contributing to the development of training programmes and content
• Assisting the Competitions Director with the development of strategy and operational plans, budgets and financial reporting, managing international match and competitions calendars
• Assisting the Competitions Director in the development, application and monitoring of regulations and policies
• Any other duties as required within the scope of the role
Benefits and perks:
• Health & Life Insurance benefits
• Overseas travel
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant must have a willingness to work irregular hours, be able to travel internationally regularly and;
• Have a background in organising events (within the sports sector is preferable),
• Be a highly motivated and reliable team player,
• Be project minded with strong organisational skills, excellent time management and attention to detail,
• Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain successful relationships and work with diverse cultures.
Good communication (written and verbal) in French will be an advantage but it is not fundamental for the right candidate.
The Next Steps:
Please apply to [email protected] with a cover letter attached to your resume. Your cover letter should highlight your specific recent experiences that are relevant to the role and answer the following questions:
1. Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
2. What’s your expected base salary?
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 28th FEBRUARY 2020
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED