Job Title: Head of Education and High Performance
Job Summary: A unique opportunity with Oceania Football Confederation for a leader and educator with practical playing and coaching experience.
Location: Penrose, Auckland
Type: Full Time
Who are we?
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
Who are we after?
We are seeking a Head of Education and High Performance to take responsibility for the implementation, facilitation and management of education and high-performance programmes in all facets of the game for member associations, educators, coaches and players.
What will you be doing?
Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, managing and reporting on OFC education and training programmes.
- Reviewing the structure and content of OFC education and training programmes to ensure the effective delivery throughout Oceania.
- Facilitating seminars, workshops and courses for the training of stakeholders throughout Oceania.
- Sourcing technical materials, information, resources and literature.
- Developing processes which ensure the effective operation of performance and high-performance programmes.
- Developing benchmarks for assessing and improving performance and high-performance programmes.
- Leading and developing a team of Football Development Officers to build professional and technical knowledge.
- Reporting and communication requirements of the Education and High-Performance team.
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant must be willing and able to travel internationally regularly and have;
- Football coaching qualifications (A or Pro license).
- Practical Football playing and/or coaching experience at FIFA World Cup, Olympic Games, Confederation and/or Federation level competitions.
- Knowledge of the operational structure of FIFA, OFC, Confederations and Member Associations.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, writing and implementing education and training programmes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French (desirable).
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder relationship building skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Pacific region.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Understanding of not-for profit organisations.
- Willingness to work irregular hours including weekends.
The Next Steps:
Applications should be emailed to [email protected] by close of business on Friday 25th October. Please include a cover letter highlighting your Football coaching qualifications and specific recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED