The Oceania Football Confederation is on the lookout for a new Legal and Compliance Officer to join our team in Auckland, New Zealand.
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Office
Location: Penrose, Auckland
Type: Full Time
Job Summary: A unique opportunity in the sports and recreation sector to apply your procurement, logistics and management experience to define and implement best practice procurement and logistic strategies
Who are we?
Our client, Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Currently located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of governing football and organising competitions in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
Who are we after?
As Legal and Compliance Officer, you will assist OFC to operate in a legal, compliant and ethical manner within its own operations, as well as supporting the 11 member nations in the Oceania Region
What will you be doing?
Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Draft or review legal documents, including contracts, regulations and policies.
• Prepare legal advice and formal opinions.
• Support the Head of Legal and Compliance in matters relevant to OFC judicial bodies including drafting communications to parties, reports and decisions and organising hearings.
• Prepare insurance claims
• Assist with the training and support of OFC member associations regarding compliance and governance
• Assisting with the development and implementation of effective risk management, legal and compliance frameworks (including drafting and revising current frameworks)
• Assist with addressing concerns or questions on risk for legal compliance.
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant must:
• Be qualified to practise law in NZ and hold a practising certificate
• Have a minimum 4 years legal experience
• Have a broad knowledge of all law relevant to OFC operations
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Advertisement Profiling
• Be risk aware and solutions focused
• Possess exceptional analysis and interpretation skills
The Next Steps:
Please apply to [email protected] with a cover letter attached to your resume. Your cover letter should highlight your specific recent experiences that are relevant to the role and answer the following questions:
1. Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
2. Have you completed a qualification in law?
3. Do you hold a current New Zealand legal practising certificate?
4. How many years’ experience do you have as a solicitor/legal counsel?
5. What’s your expected base salary?
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5th FEBRUARY 2020
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED