We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Procurement & Logistics Officer to join our team at Oceania Football Confederation.
WHO ARE WE?
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at St Johns- Auckland, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Responsible for the development and organisation of football across the South Pacific, the OFC is currently made up of 11 Member Associations and two Associate Members, which it supports through a variety of means.
As well as organising regional qualifiers for all FIFA World Cup tournaments, the OFC provides educational expertise to help guide the development of football across all levels from grassroots to elite, while also catering for a range of different roles from coaches and referees to sports administrators.
JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM
At OFC we are implementing a new strategy as we work collectively towards achieving our vision for football in the Pacific: qualifying two competitive teams to the FIFA World Cups in 2026 and 2027.
We are a highly dedicated, passionate and innovative group of people who are working tirelessly to drive the growth of Oceania football, people, culture and communities.
Who are we after?
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for processing procurement of goods, materials and services for our organization. Your role will involve negotiating with suppliers and ensuring that all purchases meet quality standards and budgetary requirements. If you have a strong analytical mindset, excellent negotiation skills, and a proven track record in procurement, we want to hear from you.
Primarily you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Procurement and Logistics Manager in the development of best practices, procurement and logistics strategy and operational plan to improve organizational operational performance.
- Advice staff on procurement strategy, processes and practices and ensure all recognize the importance of efficient and effective procurement.
- Support the various departments in developing their annual budget by providing costs analysis and market pricing research for goods and services.
- Identify, evaluate suppliers and service providers.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting supplier/customer relationships.
- Process purchases and procurement requests and orders (flight tickets, hotel bookings, equipment order, team needs etc.) in line with our policies and procedures.
- Acts as an account officer for the procurement of tournaments you are allocated to and ensure procurement (i.e., team flights, accommodation) are processes in an efficient and timely manner ensuring a smooth running of tournaments.
- Provide cost analysis for OFC on overall spend and suggest methods to decrease expenditure as well as establishing benchmarks.
- Evaluate and enhance our operations in local spend while researching and prospecting developments in global spend.
- Agree sourcing plans and implement timely procurement to meet organization requirements.
- Order, coordinate the logistics of purchases (flight tickets, hotel bookings, equipment order, team needs, etc.)
- Overall OFC suppliers accounts.
Skills and experience:
You will ideally possess:
- Tertiary qualification at a Bachelor level in Logistics or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience working as Procurement Officer/Strong Administrator or in a similar capacity.
- Solid experience in procurement and knowledge of relevant related operational frameworks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
- Exposure to bookings (preferred but not essential)
- Work experience in not-for-profit organization (preferred but not essential)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of French would be advantageous.
Benefits and Perks
- Hybrid working style with 2 days work from home
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Supportive team members and on the job training
- A competitive salary
Please email a cover letter attached to your resume to [email protected]. Your cover letter should highlight your specific qualifications and recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
- What is your expected base salary and notice period?
Applications close at 5.00pm (NZST) on 25 September 2023. OFC reserves the right to shortlist and interview candidates prior to the closing date. Should a preferred candidate be identified OFC may close the job ad earlier.