The Oceania Football Confederation is on the lookout for a new manager to join our Procurement and Logistics team in Auckland, New Zealand.
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Location: Penrose, Auckland
Type: Full Time
Job Summary:A unique opportunity in the sports and recreation sector to apply your procurement, logistics and management experience to define and implement best practice procurement and logistic strategies
Who are we?
Our client, Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
Who are we after?
As Procurement and Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for the management and performance of OFC’s procurement team and OFC logistics.
What will you be doing?
Primarily the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of procurement and logistics officers.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring procurement strategy in collaboration with the Head of Finance and Services.
- Develop and implement a performance framework to measure suppliers’ performance, quality and compliance
- Managing OFC logistics processes and operations.
- Ensuring OFC implement best practice procurement practices and processes.
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant must have;
- Solid experience in procurement and knowledge of relevant related operations frameworks
- 5+ years in procurement
- 3+ years’ experience in a leadership role (preferred)
- Tertiary qualification in Procurement or purchasing and supply management or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint) at an intermediate level.
The Next Steps:
Applications should be emailed to [email protected] by close of business on Friday 8th November. Please include a cover letter highlighting your specific recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED