Who are we?
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
What do we need?
Consultant/agency to develop and implement a Pacific-based electronic data collection system for the Just Play Programme that takes into account a new monitoring and evaluation framework, the annual programming cycle and the long-term data collection needs to measure and monitor programme performance.
What results are we looking for?
Design a fit-for-purpose electronic data collection system for the Just Play Programme. The system needs to inform programme performance and meet donor reporting requirements. Ideally, the electronic system can cope with remote field data collection on tablets and provide up-to-date progress on activities for reporting purposes.
Deliverables and end-product of the contract:
- Present a software solution design that best fits the mapping of the information needs of the programme.
- A complete end-to-end electronic system that demonstrates interoperability and real-time reporting.
- Develop user manual with data dictionary, IT procedure, legal and privacy considerations, and training resources.
- Full transition of country-based staff on to the system.
The consultants are required to work from their existing home base. No travel is anticipated.
The Consultancy’s team will need to demonstrate their appropriate qualifications and experience to achieve the above, specifically:
- At least 5-years of recent documented work experience in monitoring and evaluation with focus on the Sport for Development, social development, health, education, child protection and behaviour change
- Demonstrated, documented and recent work experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management and analyses
- Experience with information technology, including proficiency in survey design, document management, dashboards, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Equipment, tools, and facilities to develop, demonstrate and implement the e-system (access to software programmes, database analyses programmes, software platforms)
- Experience working with the Australian/New Zealand Governments, UNICEF, UN and government
- Knowledge of the Pacific region required
- Excellent communication, coordination, teamwork, and organisational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Fluency in French an asset.
How to apply:
To apply for this consultancy, interested consultants/agencies should review the attached Terms of Reference and submit expressions of interest together with:
- A cover letter, no longer than two pages and a curriculum vitae showing how the consultant/agency has/have the skills, qualifications, and experience to carry out the study;
- A technical proposal, no longer than four pages, highlighting:
- The methodology that the consultant/agency will use;
- Work plan which outlines the time frame, risks, and highlights key milestones; and
- A financial proposal/budget inclusive of all fees and costs to undertake the review.
For the detailed Terms of Reference please click here. Proposals from interested consultants/agencies should be submitted no later than Monday, 25 January 2021 to [email protected]. Please ensure Contract: Implementation of the Just Play Programme data collection system is included in the subject line of the email.