Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national Football Associations within Oceania. Located at St Johns in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC supports 11 Member Associations strategically, financially, and logistically through tailored programmes.
We are one of the world’s six Football Confederations and an active participant within the FIFA Football community. The positive, collaborative team environment at OFC aims to leave a legacy in the region, providing positive experiences in sport and life.
WHAT DO WE DO?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the sport as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange, and economic development within the football community.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join our Finance and Services Division. If you want a work life balance, or you have little kids and need flexible work hours, then this role is perfect for you as it has the flexibility at 20 hours per week to fit in with personal commitments.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that the accounts payable and receivable functions are performed accurately and efficiently within the given deadlines.
Main Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Matching of purchase orders to invoices and investigating variances.
- Processing of accounts payable invoices into the accounting system.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Ensuring payment of suppliers and our member associations are made within the payment terms.
- Raising invoices to our internal and external customers.
- Sending debtors statement out.
- Processing journals.
- Maintaining registers for the finance department.
- Ensure accurate filing of AP & AR documents.
- Perform monthly petty cash reconciliation.
- Perform daily bank reconciliations.
Skills and qualifications
- Tertiary Qualification at a Bachelor level in Accounting or similar field.
- CA or equivalent or working towards CA (but not essential).
- 3+ years’ experience in an accounts payable or similar field with excellent administration skills.
- Familiar with MS Office with emphasis on Excel (in particular using Pivot Tables & VLookups)
- Strong financial literacy with attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to bring best practices and implement improved processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with experience in preparing reports.
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure.
The Next Steps:
Please email a cover letter attached to your resume to [email protected] Your cover letter should highlight your specific qualifications and recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have in accounting?
- What is your expected base salary?
- What is your notice period?
Please note – Applications will close on 8 September 2022. The closing date is subject to change without notifications as active candidate shortlisting will take place during the advertised vacancy period.