Oceania Football Confederation is looking for a Media and Communications Manager to lead and manage a high performing team running media operations and relations during tournaments and other Confederation events and activities.
Join a dynamic team
At OFC we are implementing a new strategy as we work collectively towards achieving our vision for football in the Pacific: qualifying two competitive teams to the FIFA World Cups in 2026 and 2027.We are a highly dedicated, passionate, and innovative group of people who are working tirelessly to drive the growth of Oceania football, people, culture and communities.
Who are we after?
With an affinity for the Pacific and its diverse cultures, coupled with a passion and knowledge of football, this role is key to enhancing the profile of football development while creating a platform to showcase the game in our region.
Drawing on your experience of media and communications and strong management and leadership skills, the role of Media and Communications Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a high performing team running media operations and relations during tournaments, as well as other confederation events and activities as required.
The coming years will be demanding but there are many exciting events scheduled on OFC’s calendar, including the opportunity to be part of FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & NZ 2023. The role will require some travel abroad.
Primarily you will be responsible for:
- Developing OFC’s overall communication and media strategy and operational plan
- Working closely with senior management to develop and implement media and communication strategies
- Leading, managing and coaching the media team and creating a culture of performance
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships internally and with key media stakeholders
- Planning, managing and monitoring the media operations, relations and logistics for tournaments across Oceania
Skills and experience:
You will ideally have 5 years’ experience in a Media and Communications management role plus;
- Proven experience in team leadership with the ability to develop and coach direct reports
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Effective planning skills including the development of strategies
- Extensive experience in producing news content for an agency or media organisation
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape including social media, TV, online, radio and press.
The Next Steps:
Please email a cover letter attached to your resume to [email protected]. Your cover letter should highlight your specific qualifications and recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
- What is your expected base salary?