Join a dynamic team
At OFC we are implementing a new strategy as we work collectively towards achieving our vision for football in the Pacific: qualifying two competitive teams to the FIFA World Cups in 2026 and 2027.
We are a highly dedicated, passionate and innovative group of people who are working tirelessly to drive the growth of Oceania football, people, culture and communities.
Who are we after?
With an affinity for the Pacific and its diverse cultures, coupled with a passion and knowledge of football, this role is key to enhancing the profile of football development while creating a platform to showcase the game in our region.
As Media and Communications Officer, you will be working closely with the Media and Communications Manager to execute the media and communication strategy and initiatives to increase the profile of OFC, promote its values and role in football development across the region it holds.
The coming years will be demanding but there are many exciting events scheduled on OFC’s calendar including World Cup qualification tournaments, which you will be required to travel to as and when required.
Primarily you will be responsible for:
- Developing OFC’s communication and media strategy and operational plan for the Football division
- Working closely with senior management to develop and implement media and communication strategies
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships internally and key media stakeholders
- Creating a football development content schedule and keep the website and social media up to date
- Assist with and coordinate media activities for football development workshops, programmes, webinars and e-learning
Skills and experience:
You will ideally have 5 years’ experience in a Media and Communications role plus;
- Proven experience outputting and editing news copy efficiently and to a high standard
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Effective planning skills including the development of strategies
- Extensive knowledge of media landscape and communication outlets including social media, TV, internet, radio, written press
- A degree or equivalent in a media and communications discipline
The Next Steps:
Please email a cover letter attached to your resume to [email protected] Your cover letter should highlight your specific qualifications and recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
- What is your expected base salary?