Premier football is back in Samoa, an unbeaten streak ends in Fiji and we reach the midway point in New Caledonia amid this week’s Oceania competitions wrap.

In Samoa, the National Premier League has returned after a prolonged period of inactivity. Both the mens and women’s top club competitions began over the weekend with eye-catching results in both.

In the Premier Men’s league, Vaipuna SC laid down an early marker with a 9-1 win over Mouala United FC. Meanwhile,  usual frontrunners Lupe o le Soaga suffered defeat in their opening game, going down 2-1 against Vaivase-Tai FC. Lepea FC and Vaiusu FC also picked up wins, 4-2 and 1-0 respectively over Sogi FC and Lion of Judah.

In the Premier Women’s competition, Kiwi FC romped to a 7-0 victory over Faleasiu FC. Faatoia United also enjoyed a win, 3-0 against Vaivase-Tai but Lepea and Vaiusu had to settle for a 1-1 draw.

In Fiji, Suva FC’s unbeaten Digicel Premier League streak has come to an end following a humbling loss to third-place Ba FC. Goals from Saula Waqa, Manasa Nawakula and Etonia Dogalau secured all three points for the visitors who are now just two points behind the league leaders.

Sandwiched between them is Rewa FC, who failed to capitalise on the leaders’ loss. They were held to a 0-0 draw by Labasa FC which keeps them undefeated but one point behind Suva at the top.

Elsewhere, there were draws galore as Nadroga FC v Nadi FC and Navua FC v Lautoka FC both ended tied 1-1 while Nasinu FC and Tailevu Naitasiri FC played out a goalless draw.

There were no women’s premier club fixtures in Fiji this week, as the Digicel Super League is currently on hiatus with the OFC Womens Nations Cup taking place in Suva from July 13-30.

New Caledonia’s Super Ligue hit the halfway stage at the weekend, with the two leading sides stretching their advantage at the top.

Tiga Sport remain in first place following a 4-1 triumph over Horizon Patho but Hienghène Sport are just one point behind after they crushed Dumbéa FC 6-0.

AS Magenta are four points behind second-place in third following a 3-0 win at AS Kunié but fourth-place SC Ne Drehu lost ground, drawing 0-0 with AS Lössi.

AS Mont-Dore won a five-goal thriller against Qanono Sport 2-0 while a battle between the bottom two saw AS Wetr win their first game of the season, 2-0 over last-placed JS Baco.