The Oceania Football Confederation is on the lookout for a new Finance Manager to join our team in Auckland, New Zealand.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Penrose, Auckland
Type: Full Time
Job Summary: A unique opportunity in the sports and recreation sector to apply your leadership and financial skills.
Who are we?
Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes.
OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community. Along with AFC in Asia, CAF in Africa, CONCACAF in North/Central America and the Caribbean, CONMEBOL in South America and UEFA in Europe, OFC works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the game as a tool for social development.
Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange and economic development within the football community.
Who are we after?
As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing the finance unit team, ensuring the effective delivery of all financial operations resulting in the optimisation of OFC financial performance and financial health.
What will you be doing?
Primarily you will be responsible for:
- Team leadership and management
- Financial strategy and planning
- Policies and procedures
- Preparing and managing audits
- Risk management
- Managing relationships with stakeholders and other OFC departments
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant must have an Accounting or Finance qualification at a Bachelor level and be CA qualified plus;
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience and 3 years in a management role
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and motivating a performing finance team with the ability to coach and develop direct reports
- Proven relationship management experience including the ability to establish effective working relationships across all levels of an organisation and externally
- Strong critical and analytical thinking ability
- Effective planning (including the development of strategies) and experience in preparing reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate financial technicalities to a diverse audience
- Experience in a Not for Profit organisation is an advantage
The Next Steps:
Please apply to [email protected] with a cover letter attached to your resume. Your cover letter should highlight your specific qualifications and recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
- What is your expected base salary?
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED