Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national Football Associations within Oceania. Located at St Johns in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC supports 11 Member Associations strategically, financially, and logistically through tailored programmes.
We are one of the world’s six Football Confederations and an active participant within the FIFA Football community. The positive, collaborative team environment at OFC aims to leave a legacy in the region, providing positive experiences in sport and life.
WHAT DO WE DO?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the sport as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange, and economic development within the football community.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to join our Finance and Services Division for a Fixed Term contract of 12 months (with a potential to become permanent) to cover an internal secondment.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial accounting advice and support, including financial analytical services and to ensure that the day-to-day accounting records are kept accurately up to date on the accounting system and comply with the financial policies, procedures and regulatory frameworks. The accountant is also responsible for external financial reporting outputs.
Main Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Perform monthly general ledger account including full balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing and posting various journals to ensure information is accurately captured in our accounting system.
- Meet with departments to analyse and forecast their expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Assist in the preparation of statutory audits, donor’s audits and internal audit processes.
- Prepare GST, FBT and Stats returns.
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register.
Skills and qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in Accountant position with at least 1 year post qualification experience (CA/CPA equivalent).
- Proven experience in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and statutory audits.
- Understanding of PBE finance processes and reporting standards (not essential).
- Experience in not-for-profit organisation (not essential).
- Experience in Sage Evolution (not essential).
- Familiar with MS Office with emphasis on Excel (in particular using Pivot Tables & VLookups)
- Strong financial literacy with attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to bring best practices and implement improved processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with experience in preparing reports.
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure.
The Next Steps:
Please email a cover letter attached to your resume to [email protected] Your cover letter should highlight your specific qualifications and recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have in accounting?
- What is your expected base salary?
- What is your notice period?
Please note – Applications will close on 8th September 2022. The closing date is subject to change without notifications as active candidate shortlisting will take place during the advertised vacancy period.