Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national Football Associations within Oceania. Located at St Johns in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC supports 11 Member Associations strategically, financially, and logistically through tailored programmes.
We are one of the world’s six Football Confederations and an active participant within the FIFA Football community. The positive, collaborative team environment at OFC aims to leave a legacy in the region, providing positive experiences in sport and life.
WHAT DO WE DO?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the sport as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in Oceania and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange, and economic development within the football community.
OFC is looking for an experienced Finance Supervisor to work closely with the Football Division committed to enhancing the positive impact of football across the Pacific. This is a Fixed term contract from July 2022 – August 2023 (Maternity Leave Cover).
The Purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient implementation of OFC financial operations within the Football Division in line with regulatory frameworks, policies, procedures, budgets, and funding partners’ requirements in appropriate, efficient, effective and transparent manner. You will also be supervising Development Finance Officer for financial compliance of the OFC MAs for the various development programmes and reporting accordingly on OFC management platform.
Main Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Manage the overall financial compliance and reporting by OFC Member Associations (MAs) in line with the various programme requirements in collaboration with relevant stakeholders including HODs, managers, and MAs.
- Oversee and produce financial reports – including Social Responsibilities, Education Centre, and OFC Development Programme, to support monthly, quarterly, and other periodic reporting with the finance operation.
- Support Football Development Division and Finance Department in the preparation and monitoring of annual budget, monthly financial reports, and any ad hoc budgets as requested.
- Supervise Development Finance Officer and lead the wider team of MAs to complete financial reporting on a regular basis.
- Assist the Head of Finance and Services in reconciling financial operations and reports with the accounting records of the various programmes implemented by the Football Development Division.
- Assist on training of MA finance officers, technical project managers, and coordinators on financial requirements and operations.
- Review and monitor activity spending prepared by MAs using the online management platform.
- Prepare and reconcile payment requests with relevant supporting documents.
- Investigate on areas of reporting inconsistencies and liaise with relevant stakeholders in solving reported problems.
Skills and qualifications
- NZ Tertiary qualification at a Bachelor level or higher in accounting, finance, or similar field.
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably CA/CPA qualified and be able to lead a team.
- Ability to communicate financial technicalities to a diverse audience both verbally and in writing. Sound knowledge of accounting and financial principles, processes, and procedures.
- Familiar with MS Office (Excel with at least intermediate level) and able to pick up new software or platform quickly.
- Strong financial literacy with attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and excellent relationship management skills and communicate effectively to a diverse audience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with experience in preparing reports. Must be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
The Next Steps
Please email a cover letter attached to your resume to [email protected]. Your cover letter should highlight your specific qualifications and recent experiences that are relevant to the role and provide answers to the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have in accounting?
- How many years of experience do you have in a supervisory role?
- What is your expected base salary?
- What is your notice period?
Please note – Applications will close on June 7, 2022. The closing date is subject to change without notifications. Active candidate shortlisting will take place during the advertised vacancy period.