Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) is the umbrella organisation of the national Football Associations within the Oceania region. Located at St Johns in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC supports 11 Member Associations and 2 Associate Members strategically, financially, and logistically through tailored programmes to develop and organise football across the South Pacific. OFC is one of the six Football Confederations recognised by FIFA and an active participant within the FIFA Football community.
What do we do?
OFC is charged with the task of servicing and administering football in the Oceania region while also using the sport as a tool for social development. Our vision is to raise the overall standard of football in the Oceania region and utilise the power and passion of football to help promote education, community development, capacity building, health awareness, cultural exchange, and economic development within the football community.
As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Procurement and Logistics unit, ensuring the effective delivery of all procurement and logistics operations resulting in the optimization of OFC performance.
Primarily you will be responsible for:
- Develop a positive and high performing culture within the procurement and logistics unit.
- Develop, implement, and monitor/evaluate the OFC Procurement and Logistics strategy and corresponding annual operational plans to improve OFC operational performance.
- Manage OFC logistics process and operations with the view to improve OFC operational performance and efficiency.
- Successfully implement procurement and logistics policies and procedures that meet best practice standards in line with the legislative, auditing requirements and the organizational needs.
- Train and support OFC Staff and member associations regarding any procurement and logistics operations.
- Ensure an optimum suppliers management process is in place.
Skills and experience:
You will ideally possess:
- Solid experience in procurement and knowledge of relevant related operational frameworks.
- 5+ years in procurement management or similar field.
- 3+ years’ experience in team management.
- Qualification in Procurement or purchasing and supply management or similar (not essential)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) at an intermediate level.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Project management experience including designing, implementing and managing projects to a successful conclusion.
Benefits and Perks
- Hybrid working style with 2 days’ work from home
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Supportive team members and on the job training
The Next Steps:
Please email a cover letter attached to your resume to [email protected]. Your cover letter should highlight the answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in New Zealand?
- What is your expected base salary?
Applications close at 5.00pm (NZST) on Wednesday 23 November 2022. OFC reserves the right to shortlist and interview candidates prior to the closing date. Should a preferred candidate be identified OFC may close the job ad earlier.