The domestic cup is underway in New Zealand, there was late excitement in Fiji and goals galore at the top of the table in Tahiti amid this week’s Oceania competitions wrap.

New Zealand’s Chatham Cup and Kate Shephard Cup both got underway over the weekend, with the preliminary rounds taking place.

Uni-Mount Bohemian AFC will not be adding to their record total of seven Chatham Cup titles after a 2-1 loss to Ngongotaha AFC. Luke Barker’s 90th-minute goal secured victory for the Bay of Plenty side after Cook Islands international Harlem Simiona’s opener was cancelled out by Allan Peter Forsyth.

Five-time winners Central United FC did advance, and comfortably so, defeating Matamata Swifts AFC 8-0. Elsewhere, substitute Kyal Wells bagged a hat-trick to secure a 4-3 win for Te Atatu AFC in a thrilling tie against last season’s giant-killers Zamantix Rovers Deuce FC. Waimakariri United FC were the top scorers in the prelims, beating High School Old Boys AFC 10-0 whilst Papakura City FC and Sperm Whales FC both needed penalties to advance.

In total, 24 ties were decided in the Chatham Cup over the weekend and a full list of results can be found here.

In the Kate Sheppard Cup prelims, Richmond Athletic AFC overpowered Golden Bay Shield Maidens 18-0 to advance. Nelson Suburbs FC defeated local rivals FC Nelson 4-0 whilst Christchurch United FC overcame Halswell United AFC 5-0.

Two goals in the final minute decided a thrilling tie between Nadroga FC and Suva FC in Fiji’s Digicel Premier League.

Ato Yankson appeared to have earned Nadroga a draw against the early pace-setters, levelling the score at 1-1 after Samuela Drudru had earlier given Suva the lead. But there was a twist in the tale, as Ravnesh Karan Singh’s goal deep into stoppage time secured Suva the win and their place at the top of the table on 23 points.

Rewa FC, who did not play this weekend, remain second on 18 points but Ba FC are just behind on 15 points following their comfortable 4-0 win over Nasinu FC.

Nadi FC remain fourth after Rahul Krishna’s brace helped his side to a 3-0 triumph over Navua FC.

However, last year’s winners Lautoka FC are beginning to catch up in fifth place, having played just four games this season. A double from Fiji international Sairusi Nalaubu ensured they beat Tailevu Naitasiri FC 2-1 to continue closing the gap at the top.

In the Digicel Women’s Super League Suva FC secured a comfortable 4-0 win over Nadroga FC to maintain the pressure on league leaders Ba FC, who beat Rewa FC 3-1.

In Tahiti, Ligue 1 Vini leaders AS Dragon showed no mercy against bottom of the table AS Mataiea, Shawn Roonui Tinirauarii scoring six goals in a 15-0 victory.

AS Venus kept up the title fight in second with a 7-2 win over AS Excelsior, Teaonui Tehau scoring four to stretch his goal tally to 26 this season.

AS Tefana were also among the goals, substitute Kahutia Goran Pautu scoring a hat-trick as they beat AS Olympic de Mahina 9-0.

In the weekend’s other Ligue 1 Vini fixtures, AS Central Sport ensured they remain third with a 2-1 win over AS Tamarii Temanava, AS Pueu edged a five-goal contest 3-2 against AS Tiare Tahiti whilst AS Pirae’s win over AS Tamarii Punaruu will be replayed due to adverse weather conditions.

After two rounds of New Caledonia’s Super Ligue, Tiga Sport remain top of the table following their 2-0 win over Dumbéa FC but SC Ne Drehu are just behind in second after a 3-2 win over AS Wetr.

Hienghène Sport got back to winning ways, getting the better of AS Kunie 2-0 whilst Qanono Sports picked up an eye-catching 4-1 victory over AS Lössi. AS Horizon Patho and AS Magenta also picked up wins, beating JS Baco and AS Mont-Dore respectively.